Yogesh Iyer, the founder of CAS Modeling, always had this ethos of, ‘Know your passion. Follow it. Dream it. Love it.’ His passion towards cars and solution-oriented mindset has persuaded him to create a dynamic platform that seeded to kick-start the consulting and solution-based venture. The organization has geared up to change the face of automotive design and modeling globally, was originated in the year of 2015. The enterprise created a steer within the realm by bringing concepts to life through ‘Konzept Your’s – Model Our’s.’ The company offers a plethora of automotive design and modeling services using advances techniques to serve its clients in one roof solution in design. The services include –
1) CAS Mockup Services – CAS Modeling lends a helping hand to its valuable clients to make quick and quality mockups. The team of highly skilled designers and modelers builds their forte in making international standard quality mockups. CAS Mockup services are further classified as-
● Show Car Mockup – The Company offers an entire gamut of solutions keeping in mind the design aspects of the car to the development of the prototype that later makes its debut at the prominent auto shows across the globe.
● Functional Mockup – CAS Modeling provide services to the functional component of the auto parts, such as lightings, doors, seats and other essential parts that need to be designed and checked for feasibility before the execution of the products into a prototype.
● Aesthetic Mockup – The design of the individual component that involves a crucial creative touch to the product, in terms of the design of the bumpers, the shape of the bonnet, exterior lamps and more.
● Visual Mockup – If the concept is not clear and the clients want to see the final product, CAS Modeling provides an easy solution for them to witness a complete visual euphoric of the end-product by leveraging on next-generation technology at real-time customization basis.
2) Class A Surfacing – This is the most important service of the company, and CAS Modeling helps suppliers and the OEMs convert their design into a CAD model by providing the flexibility in terms of physical coating the surfaces of material thereby enhancing the developments on the design and easy changes to the final proto-development.
3) Exterior & Interior Trim – As to be able to cover most of their customer needs, the core team with its profound expertise in developing the exterior & interior cockpit module produce plastic parts of many types including painting, chroming, IMD, high gloss and more.
4) Automotive Lighting Solutions – Lighting systems being the heart of the car, the experienced engineers at CAS Modeling understands the importance of the detail and provides an end-to-end solution whereby they redefine the headlamp, tail lamp, interior mood lights of the car and add a tinge of perfection that enhances the overall appearance of the car.
5) CAS 180 – Based on the project requirement of its clients, CAS Modeling outsources its team of experienced CAS modelers to various on-site projects and helps them execute the project in the short span of time/long time.
Headquartered in Pune, CAS Modeling has worked with some of the leading suppliers, lighting companies, and OEM’s in the automotive industry. Its clientele boasts of names like Ford, Fisker Automotive, Mahindra & Mahindra, Volvo, VECV, Ashok Leyland, to name a few. In the lighting and auto component, they have clients like Lumax, UNO-Minda, Varroc, and Valeo among other leading players. CAS Modeling which was started with just three people has grown to 12 professionals. The core team has a robust experience in the field and is currently working on various innovative projects (both in-house & on-site), be it a sedan/luxury cars, sports/SUVs, and commercial trucks/buses. The core team contribution for any development is unique, they have recently ventured into creating hybrid energy vehicles. This is the kind of impact CAS Modeling is adding to space at the moment. “Our core team is passionate towards each project execution. In other words, I can say our passion drives to bring the concept into reality with human feel and love,” says proud Yogesh.
Born in a traditional middle-class south Indian Brahmin family. During his engineering days, while doing a part-time job as a CAD faculty in CADD Centre after college hours, he used to see a car on the road and always used to wonder and look amazed at the design aesthetics of the cars. “Be it Maruti 800, Ford Ikon, and the Ambassador car, I used to think like ‘Who is designing these cars?” he says.
The young fanatic always follows his passion and blindly listens and believes his inner voice. Today, he is the founder of CAS Modeling – a leading design studio and consulting firm in global automotive design and modeling. Prior to giving wings to his dream venture, Yogesh worked with several OEMs like Mahindra & Mahindra and few other big corporate firms and has over a decade of experience in corporate relationship, business development, project management and team management. More than anything, he has a very good understanding of design flow and quality standards of automobiles and manufacturing.
Embracing Technology for a Better Tomorrow
CAS Modeling is focusing on NEXT Generation Smart Electric Vehicle Development – advance development for future. Futuristic development, the product named called Aponi (Native American word, a Beautiful Female Butterfly), Concept was launched on the colorful day – Holi festival with the product slogan ‘FLY on Roads’. Aponi which is Next Generation Smart Electric Scooter has highly differentiated features and the vehicle is expected to fly with a speed of 80 km/hr. The vehicle comes with lifetime infinite battery and other specifications are highly confidential at this time. The scooter is expected with special features such as magnetic brake, LED light, tubeless tire, integrated touch panels and IoT technology integration. The chassis of the scooter was launched in Magnetic Maharashtra Convergence 2018 which was inaugurated by our PM Shri Narendra Modi on 18 February 2018.
Marching Forward to Establish Global Footprints
Climbing the success ladder with an unswerving 100 percent year-on-year growth since last two years, CAS Modeling has become one of the pioneers in the Automobile Industry. The company has its marketing office in Detroit, U.S. and a studio in Pune and is in an expansion phase at the moment. The enterprise shook hands with a U.S. based emerging automotive OEM for their upcoming development on e-mobility. The OEM is planning to make inroads to the Indian market directly by the year 2020 with the development support from the CAS Modeling team. The company is also looking forward to coming out with a German brand namely ‘CAS Modeling GMBH’. In fact, for the first time in the history of Indian automotive studio industry, an Indian brand is foraying into the foreign land and not the other way around. “In the coming years, we will be present in 3-4 locations and with our global team of designers easy to be deployed, we will be able to provide our innovative services to clients across the globe,” he concludes.
By Rashmisree Deb